It was about time!

This is a discussion on It was about time! within the Car Talk forums, part of the The Pub category; Well some blessings are less obvious but this was a pay attention boy type of blessing....

Register
Register Button
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Archer
  • 1 Post By Neuromancer
  • 1 Post By BoT

Thread: It was about time!

Terminator Administrator Archer's Avatar

It was about time!

Well some blessings are less obvious but this was a pay attention boy type of blessing.

People that buy OEM systems think Linux was a Charlie Brown character, a registry is something you see at target to buy shower gifts, RAM is a Dodge truck and a hard drive is DC at rush hour.
    Current Active Fleet:
    Daily Driver - Phenom II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 890GX GFX Bedroom PC - Athlon II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 790GX GFX
    Entertainment Room HTPC & Madia/File Server - Pentium G6950 @ 3.5, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX Living Room HTPC - i5 661 @3.7, 10GB Ram, 6770 GFX
    Entertainment Room Cinema - Brazos E350, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX (Projector) Game Rig - i5 2500K @ 4.5, 12GB Ram, 465GTX + 9800GT (PhysX) using intel SRT

Nice. My exwife has one of those (not the ultimate edition though) hers is beat up, she gets in at least one car crash a year, sometimes 2.. minor fender benders, swerving to avoid an animal instead of hitting it...

But man I love driving it. Would be nice if the suspension and steering were still tight, but power train is still kicking and that large car rear wheel drive experience I love it! I miss cars that absorb the road.

My aunts Cadillac is the first "feel the road" type of sports car I like driving. But its a large RWD vehicle too.
    Beer drinking is like finger painting. When you are young, you do not care what you stick your fingers into as long as you got to do it. When you are older, eww Heineken? I really want a beer that comes from the factory skunked?

TRN Modder's Club

Everything I have is now RWD. I have had my fill of front wheel drive.
    Neuromancer likes this.
    People that buy OEM systems think Linux was a Charlie Brown character, a registry is something you see at target to buy shower gifts, RAM is a Dodge truck and a hard drive is DC at rush hour.
    Current Active Fleet:
    Daily Driver - Phenom II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 890GX GFX Bedroom PC - Athlon II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 790GX GFX
    Entertainment Room HTPC & Madia/File Server - Pentium G6950 @ 3.5, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX Living Room HTPC - i5 661 @3.7, 10GB Ram, 6770 GFX
    Entertainment Room Cinema - Brazos E350, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX (Projector) Game Rig - i5 2500K @ 4.5, 12GB Ram, 465GTX + 9800GT (PhysX) using intel SRT

My cousin has a G6 i think? G8 I dont know.. he talks about how much better it is than my aunts caddy. I drove it and its FWD, and bites to much in the turns and is not as good. I dont like his car.

Maybe my aunts is AWD, it has a manual "auto" shift option I dont even use that in auto and 1/4 pedal press I find I I am hitting 55 MPH so fast, im not trying to "speed off" it just happens. I have played with the manual auto shift. no reason. i dont drag race.. i dont try to beat any off the line, I slow down to switch lanes f I have to. I definitely wont do 80 to make a quick turn although the car can. (i have done 75 though to prove a point because some New York driver in a ricer tried being assholish and just to make a turn)

Car hits 30 mph in a couple hundred feet without flooring it. Its peppy. I should time it sometime at 1/4 and 1/2 pedal presses (Yes I realize that is not 1/4 mile only one block froma stand still and making a left urn without accelerating hardly I have to left off the gas 1/2 block into my aunts development to stay withing 5 mph of her 25 mph speed limit.

Im not bragging on the car, TBH I dont know if it would be faster at full power, its all compter controlled and I have never floored it.

anyway it cost 8 times as much as a grand marquis so im not impressed with it overly.

Just saying if you ever want to drop as much as house costs down south.. the caddy GTS is something worth looking at lol
    Last edited by Neuromancer; 05-11-2012 at 03:51 AM.
    Archer likes this.
    Beer drinking is like finger painting. When you are young, you do not care what you stick your fingers into as long as you got to do it. When you are older, eww Heineken? I really want a beer that comes from the factory skunked?

TRN Modder's Club

Man I am so tite I eat dimes and fart pennies.
    Current Active Fleet:

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    lol .. and congrats on the purchase. it looks pretty clean and taken care off.
    Archer likes this.
    Codisha | Farm | F@H | Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    LOL I hear that. My first car purchase the car salesman asked me "you are going to walk out of there over $2.50 a month?" I turned around and said "You are going to let me leave over $2.50 a month?"

TRN Modder's Club

Well went to see the NC Symphony and averaged 32MPG as long as I kept it between 55 and 65. Over 65 and the air resistance increases to the point that economy suffers.

About 25MPG mixed rural driving and 18-22MPG city.

Economy car milage with full size features and a V8. I can not get the milage at 70-90 that the smaller cars do but smart driving and I can get the same.
    Current Active Fleet:

Noice.

Fuel economy is good and all. The whole argument is so slanted. People dont want to pay $4 a gallon for gas. But if they do, then things like oil recycling become free because it is cheaper to recycle it.

Of course recycling oil means taking the REALLY harmful stuff out and disposing of that some where. so not really any worse tahn dumping your used oil down the sewer drain...

Except it might not be near you...

I get the green initiative except that are butt ass stupid about it. Proposing expensive solutions that actually cause more environmental damage (mining for precious metals) than drilling for oil.

TRN Modder's Club