How long have you owned your A/V equipment?

This is a discussion on How long have you owned your A/V equipment? within the Home Theater forums, part of the Technology category; Trying to get a feel for how long do here typically people keep their existing equipment and or how frequently they upgrade. For example, I ...

Register
Register Button

How long have you owned your A/V equipment?

Trying to get a feel for how long do here typically people keep their existing equipment and or how frequently they upgrade.

For example, I have SVS Ultra speakers for almost two years, however I purchased them after owning AR speakers about for 14 years.

I have owned my Panasonic 60-VT60 for 4 years. I've heard that people now upgrade TV's approximately every 7 years.

Owned by Pioneer Pioneer Elite SC-63 for about 5 years. Owned my Pioneer Kuro FD 5020 for almost 8 years.

These days, there are plenty of solutions to help log, track, and manage your equipment. Spreadsheets, scan-based systems, asset tracking products, and event management platforms like Propared can all help you better monitor your inventory. Only you know the best system for your needs. As your inventory or deployment grows, you might need a more robust, tailored solution. But if you’re managing a small in-house collection, such products may be too complex. To determine what’s best, ask yourself the following questions.

• How much time do I spend logging, updating, and distributing my equipment list?

• Is the time I spend keeping me from doing other tasks that are critical to my company or venue?

• How much gear to I have to keep track of on a regular basis?

• How many people have to track and manage gear with me?

• What is my budget for internal process improvement? (i.e. software products, hiring, etc.)

Remove Ads