new laptop I am probably getting once I sell some crap

This is a discussion on new laptop I am probably getting once I sell some crap within the Portable Devices forums, part of the Technology category; Toshiba Portégé® Z835-P330 13.3" widescreen Laptop (Silver) | Laptops | Computers | us.toshiba.com 13.3" screen 8+ hour battery backlit keyboard 128GB SSD USB 3.0 slim ...

Register
Register Button

new laptop I am probably getting once I sell some crap

Toshiba Portégé® Z835-P330 13.3" widescreen Laptop (Silver) | Laptops | Computers | us.toshiba.com

13.3" screen
    8+ hour battery
    backlit keyboard
    128GB SSD
    USB 3.0
    slim design

portege_z835-p330-600-04.jpg portege_z835-p330-600-06.jpg
    now that is a thing of beauty!!

What ya think?
    Intel I7 920 @ 4.3 // ASUS 580 // ASUS Rampage III Extreme // 3x2GB Mushkin// Antec TPQ 1200w// Water Cooled

/*/ The TRN Modder's Club \*\

I wouldn't. small low res screen. 1.4ghz dual core and only 1 usb3 and two usb2 port for 900 bucks?

128gb ssd aside thats about $500 overpriced i think

8 hour battery life is nice but i would rather get a better laptop for less and carry an extra battery
    Beer drinking is like finger painting. When you are young, you do not care what you stick your fingers into as long as you got to do it. When you are older, eww Heineken? I really want a beer that comes from the factory skunked?

TRN Modder's Club

I don't mind the low res screen as its not gonna be an everyday work horse. It is an I3 dual core though, I figured those were good enough?

I found one refurbished by Toshiba for $650. I just wonder how safe it is buying refurbished? They only include a 90 day warranty which is weird, but I figure if it is going to break that would be the time right? ... I wouldn't pay $900
    Intel I7 920 @ 4.3 // ASUS 580 // ASUS Rampage III Extreme // 3x2GB Mushkin// Antec TPQ 1200w// Water Cooled

plus USB, If I really need that many things connected to my laptop, I have a nice cheap $6 4 port USB hub. I am just really happy with the inclusion of the 1 usb 3.0

At $650 for an internet browser that will be fine. Still a bit more than I would spend but im a cheap ass.

I also thought you refused some 1080P laptops I found because they were not 17"
    Beer drinking is like finger painting. When you are young, you do not care what you stick your fingers into as long as you got to do it. When you are older, eww Heineken? I really want a beer that comes from the factory skunked?

TRN Modder's Club

I think that looks pretty good. With an ssd that thing's going to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
    At $650 for an internet browser that will be fine. Still a bit more than I would spend but im a cheap ass.

I also thought you refused some 1080P laptops I found because they were not 17"

LOL! I did, but priorities changed with my laptop needs so now I need a really portable laptop with long battery life that will be fast with MS Office and internet and email.

It should be fine, and being an ultrabook should boot quickly.

I would test one out before you buy though, I am interested to see how a 1.4GHz sandyB performs... I got jaded though with running SB chips at 5GHz I guess

TRN Modder's Club

lol, yep you did get jaded being able to run them over 3.6GHz faster

going to go see if I can find one at a store to mess around with though before I buy though

Toshiba portege Z835 has excellent battery life, light weighted and accurate touch pad. It is one of the sleekest ultrabook yet with backlit keyboard. While the slim profile and the amazingly light weight are attractive also has disadvantages like slow processor and questionable display quality.
    Fluorescent Grow Light.