News posting is open to all users.

This is a discussion on News posting is open to all users. within the TechREACTION.net News forums, part of the TechREACTION category; Hey guys, I just wanted to mention/clarify that news posting is open to all registered users, you do not have to be staff to post ...

Register
Register Button

News posting is open to all users.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to mention/clarify that news posting is open to all registered users, you do not have to be staff to post a new thread in this forum and have it show up on the front page. News can be either original or simply a link to an article found elsewhere. It's meant to be as easy and quick as possible. Enjoy, and thank you.
    Follow TechREACTION On Twitter.

"I do not fear a man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. I fear a man who
    has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Thanks for mentioning this and clarifing the issue.

Good morning. Is linking to one's own articles allowed? It would be the same thing you've posted for my articles but I'd do it to save you some time rather than you having to. Would that be ok with you guys?
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

Massman - "You just got SB'd."
    moocow - "I hate SB so much -.-"

Terminator Administrator Archer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
    Good morning. Is linking to one's own articles allowed? It would be the same thing you've posted for my articles but I'd do it to save you some time rather than you having to. Would that be ok with you guys?
    For now yes. I guess I am the ultimate authority until Alex gets back.
    People that buy OEM systems think Linux was a Charlie Brown character, a registry is something you see at target to buy shower gifts, RAM is a Dodge truck and a hard drive is DC at rush hour.
    Current Active Fleet:
    Daily Driver - Phenom II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 890GX GFX Bedroom PC - Athlon II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 790GX GFX
    Entertainment Room HTPC & Madia/File Server - Pentium G6950 @ 3.5, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX Living Room HTPC - i5 661 @3.7, 10GB Ram, 6770 GFX
    Entertainment Room Cinema - Brazos E350, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX (Projector) Game Rig - i5 2500K @ 4.5, 12GB Ram, 465GTX + 9800GT (PhysX) using intel SRT

Ok, thank you. No worries if you guys decide it's not cool, I'd completely understand. Just let me know.

Thanks for the quick response!

Fine by me.
    Follow TechREACTION On Twitter.

"I do not fear a man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. I fear a man who
    has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Ok, thank you. No worries if you guys decide it's not cool, I'd completely understand. Just let me know.

Thanks for the quick response!

They just better not suck
    Intel I7 920 @ 4.3 // ASUS 580 // ASUS Rampage III Extreme // 3x2GB Mushkin// Antec TPQ 1200w// Water Cooled

/*/ The TRN Modder's Club \*\

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    They just better not suck
    My tech, your reaction?

LOL Hokie is awesome! I wish OCF was more appreciated, was my first REAL OC site Love the changes that were made recently, Matt and MAtt are doing some good stuff there . Wish I could have helped more but I am not ed material especially when it comes to writers that are not submitting on time/at all :P
    Beer drinking is like finger painting. When you are young, you do not care what you stick your fingers into as long as you got to do it. When you are older, eww Heineken? I really want a beer that comes from the factory skunked?

TRN Modder's Club

Yea, Matt is a great person to lead the community, completely agreed.

Seems you found a good home here at TR; everyone I know on staff are top notch!

Cases and Modding Moderator Enigma8750's Avatar
    Yea, Matt is a great person to lead the community, completely agreed.

Seems you found a good home here at TR; everyone I know on staff are top notch!

I think you hit that Nail right on the head and drove it to the core. Tis is a great place.. And its gonna be even better with our enthusiasm and great attitudes.

You know I was part of an organization much like this one that would alway have at least 20 negitive comments on everything that I wrote. I began using it as an excercise to get used to not making everyone happy with my writing.. IT worked too. They always did their best to discourage anything that was written in the news and pick it apart with detail on TOS and placement, even grammer, hours that it the new product had been out and spelling errors.

I LOVE TRN.

Last edited by Enigma8750; 05-17-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    CMSSC FOUNDER AND FORMER COMMANDER
    The [Official] Lian Li PC-A05 Club FOUNDER And FORMER LEADER

Not the place for a post like this. I suggest reposting in the appropriate forum.

Archer
    Last edited by Archer; 07-14-2012 at 09:01 AM.

blabla.gifblabla.gif
    Not the place for a post like this. I suggest reposting in the appropriate forum.

Archer
    Last edited by Archer; 07-14-2012 at 08:58 AM.

blabla.gif

Way back in August 2007, Valve first debuted the Steam Community as a public beta, open to all Steam users (13 million, at that time). Until then, things like Steam voice chat; Steam groups; the Shift + Tab overlay; and even Steam profiles, didn’t even exist. At the time, it represented Steam’s most significant extension upgrade, ever since the very first release of the Steam client on the 12th of September, 2003!

Over time, Valve has been adding many new features and systems to the Steam Community, like screenshots, recommendations, badges, just to name a few. But on the whole, the underlying latticework of the Community remains mostly the same. Certainly, some more extensive changes are needed, and I’d say it’s never been more apparent than this year. It appears Valve has been thinking the same thing, as they have been working on a very significant revamp of the Steam Community.

This new Steam Community aims to introduce a suite of new user-centric features which will make Steam’s social networking components more robust and versatile than ever before. Groups are being completely redesigned; all-new Game Hubs are being added, to serve as centers of community creativity; and the Blotter has been completely transformed into a brand new Friends Activity area, where you’ll be able to post statuses and rate and comment on other friends’ dealings or postings. And there’s loads of other miscellaneous features, like improved navigation, Friend nicknames, and quite a bit more as well.

And earlier this month, alongside the new Community’s beta roll-out, Valve introduced a revolutionary new feature to the Steam framework: volume sliders, for the Steam Store’s video player. Whoop-de-doo!

The Community beta was previously limited to Steam users who had attained the Pillar of Community Steam badge. But now, the beta is completely open to absolutely everyone. And I strongly advise you to opt into it, so that you can get acquainted with all the new bells and whistles that Valve’s introducing with this new Steam Community, before it completely goes live, presumably some time next month.

You might also want to join the new Community’s official Steam group, where Valve will be posting details on updates and Community-related announcements.

And in about two days, Steam Greenlight will be going live as well. Then on the 5th of September, Steam will be seeing its first ever non-gaming software applications being released on the Steam Store. And some time early next month, the Steam Big Picture Mode will also be entering its own public beta. Well, this certainly seems like a very exciting time to be a Steam user!