Kingston Digital today launched its latest SSDNow series solid state drive offer, the V+ 100 family which includes 2.5-inch models with 64GB, 96GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB worth of storage space that make use of always-on' garbage collection to set at ease users of operating systems without TRIM.
Also supporting TRIM, Kingston's new SSDs boast MLC (multi-level cell) NAND Flash memory chips, a SATA 3.0 Gbps interface, have a MTBF of 1 million hours, deliver read and write speeds of up to 230 MB/s and 180 MB/s, respectively, and are backed by a three-year warranty.
The pricing scheme for the SSDNow V+ 100 line looks a little something like this:
- SVP100S2/64G (64GB) stand-alone drive - $220
- SVP100S2/96G (96GB) stand-alone drive - $274
- SVP100S2/128G (128GB) stand-alone drive - $390
- SVP100S2/256G (256GB) stand-alone drive - $885
- SVP100S2/512G (512GB) stand-alone drive - $1,885
- SVP100S2B/64G (64GB) upgrade bundle kit - $236
- SVP100S2B/96G (96GB) upgrade bundle kit - $290
- SVP100S2B/128G (128GB) upgrade bundle kit - $405
- SVP100S2B/256G (256GB) upgrade bundle kit - $900
- SVP100S2B/512G (512GB) upgrade bundle kit - $1,900
All the listed SSDs will be available with full-disk 128-bit AES hardware-based encryption as the V+ 100E series.