Sucker Punch

This is a discussion on Sucker Punch within the TV & Movies forums, part of the The Pub category; Sry if a thread about the movie has already been created but I felt compelled to get some other people's opinion of the film as ...

Register
Register Button

Thread: Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch

Sry if a thread about the movie has already been created but I felt compelled to get some other people's opinion of the film as I have just finished watching it and read some of the reviews.

*Semi Spoiler Alert*

Ok my take is the movie actually is kinda deep w/ a nice twist towards the end but many people are too caught up with pre-judging the movie as a sexist, fetish movie. I mean granted the switching from an insane asylum to a bordello to a 1940ish over the top action setting threw me off at first but after a while...way after a while I was like ooooo thats what Zack Snyder was trying to do. The ads for the movie would throw u off to the true nature of the film. Personally the action film lover in me would have preferred Snyder stuck with the 1940's action theme through out the film, but I see he was basically trying to trick ppl into watching an actually semi deep storyline, by pulling you in with half dressed chicks with guns and action.

Soooo...anyone have comment they wanna share about the flick?
    Intel W3520 @ 4.2 ghz (HT Enabled)
    Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
    Asus EAH5870 (950 core)
    G-skill Trident ddr3 2000mhz ram (3 x 2gb)
    Silverstone ST1000-P PSU
    WD RaptorX 150gb, WD 1tb, Seagate Perpendicular 320gb, WD 1tb (non raid config)
    2 x LG Sata 22x DVD Burner
    Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme Water-block, Feser X-Changer 360mm Xtreme Performance Radiator, Alphacool Cape Coolplex Pro 10 External Reservior, Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump
    Creative X-Fi Titanium Sound Card
    Lian Li X-500 Case

Quote Originally Posted by Trembledust View Post
    Sry if a thread about the movie has already been created but I felt compelled to get some other people's opinion of the film as I have just finished watching it and read some of the reviews.

*Semi Spoiler Alert*

Ok my take is the movie actually is kinda deep w/ a nice twist towards the end but many people are too caught up with pre-judging the movie as a sexist, fetish movie. I mean granted the switching from an insane asylum to a bordello to a 1940ish over the top action setting threw me off at first but after a while...way after a while I was like ooooo thats what Zack Snyder was trying to do. The ads for the movie would throw u off to the true nature of the film. Personally the action film lover in me would have preferred Snyder stuck with the 1940's action theme through out the film, but I see he was basically trying to trick ppl into watching an actually semi deep storyline, by pulling you in with half dressed chicks with guns and action.

Soooo...anyone have comment they wanna share about the flick?
    Interesting perspective. It certainly goes against the grain of every other review that I've read of this movie, which basically says that it's hollow.

I haven't seen it myself, but I guess now I will have to check it out once it's released.
    Follow TechREACTION On Twitter.

"I do not fear a man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. I fear a man who
    has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Prereviews made it look like something I wanted to watch. I did not read your post though since it has a spoiler alert
    Beer drinking is like finger painting. When you are young, you do not care what you stick your fingers into as long as you got to do it. When you are older, eww Heineken? I really want a beer that comes from the factory skunked?

TRN Modder's Club

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
    Prereviews made it look like something I wanted to watch. I did not read your post though since it has a spoiler alert
    lol no prob @ didn't read post. I'd just like to get some feedback on the flick cause I seem to be in the minority in thinking this was a film that maybe getting a-lot of undeserved criticism.
    Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
    Asus EAH5870 (950 core)
    Silverstone ST1000-P PSU
    Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme Water-block, Feser X-Changer 360mm Xtreme Performance Radiator, Alphacool Cape Coolplex Pro 10 External Reservior, Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump
    Lian Li X-500 Case

Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY View Post
    Interesting perspective. It certainly goes against the grain of every other review that I've read of this movie, which basically says that it's hollow.

I haven't seen it myself, but I guess now I will have to check it out once it's released.
    Yea a-lot of the reviews I have read are way too quick to write off the movie as a shallow attempt. For some moments of the movie I was actually agreeing with them but then I actually forced myself to watch it the whole way through and kinda got what the director was trying to do.

The movie wouldn't be something I would put in the collection, but I'm not mad I did go and see it.
    Last edited by Trembledust; 04-21-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
    Asus EAH5870 (950 core)
    Silverstone ST1000-P PSU
    Lian Li X-500 Case

Finally watched this one last night Really liked the camera work, together with the very video game'ish setting and action. Pretty unique imo! Worth a watch just for that.

Made me go "wtf?" a couple times, but do not regret seeing it one bit
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8120
    AMD HD 6950 2gb x 2
    4x4gb HyperX T1
    SB X-Fi Titanium

OCZ Vertex 2

3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

One year ago i watch this movie. Sucker Punch is a fantasy movie. Favorite movies from my favorite movie Sucker Punch.

plagiarismsoftware.net - online software for plagiarism
    | http://www.addresshoteldubai.net/
    Last edited by Lala55; 03-17-2014 at 11:06 PM.