WCG/BOINC Easy Install Guide

This is a discussion on WCG/BOINC Easy Install Guide within the World Community Grid Team forums, part of the Distributed Computing Teams category; I'm really sorry for the lateness of my reply here..... For everyone in the future, feel free to start a thread on questions like this. ...

Register
Register Button
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I'm really sorry for the lateness of my reply here.....

For everyone in the future, feel free to start a thread on questions like this. We HAVE to stretch the database some, right?

OK, your question really opens up another topic in the crunching tool box. You only need to manually open port 31416 (yes, I have it memorized....) if you are wanting to remote monitor your machines. I do NOT poke each of the rigs I have to monitor on how they are running. I use an application known as "Boincview" to put it all in one place. This app works very well when you are safely nested behind your network firewall.

Manually opening the port number above, calling it a "boincview" port makes it understandable.

Now where do you get this wonderful application? The places to get it have been disappearing. The original author seems to have fallen off the planet, and I have not seen anything that works as well, yet... I'll look around and edit this post when I find a good link, or I can email it to you if needed.

So, Boincview to monitor remotely, open port 31416, label it boincview, and away you go, a farmer about to bend a credit card!!

As far as a regular BOINC install, I've never had to open any ports to make the thing communicate to the work server. I just use the win firewall though. Maybe others are different?

Regards,
    Bob
    Last edited by 123bob; 08-21-2009 at 12:57 PM.
    Come help cure Cancer, MS, AIDS, Dengue and other diseases.
    Heck, even help grow rice!
    Click here and join the TR WCG team! .....It won't hurt, honest!

i think i signed up? it shows me on on the team when i log in to the website. Also ran it over night so i think i should be doing something but my computers down till i get my new tubing since i had to drain my system and RMA my video card ...
    hopefully my stats update sometime because it shows me as doing nothing still haha :/
    Intel I7 920 @ 4.3 // ASUS 580 // ASUS Rampage III Extreme // 3x2GB Mushkin// Antec TPQ 1200w// Water Cooled

/*/ The TRN Modder's Club \*\

I'm on board.
    * Storm Scout * i5 750 @ 4.0GHz * ASUS Maximus III Formula * 4GB OCZ Reaper * Power Color 5870 LCS * 2x 1TB WD Black Raid 0 * SupremeFX X-Fi * CM 850 SilentPro * XSPC Rasa/750/RS240/RX120 * Win 7 64 *

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234