WCG - Who's got pie?

This is a discussion on WCG - Who's got pie? within the World Community Grid Team forums, part of the Distributed Computing Teams category; FYI, that shot is kind of the default, no data shot. It shows everyone with an even amount until the data starts coming in. But ...

Register
Register Button
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    FYI, that shot is kind of the default, no data shot. It shows everyone with an even amount until the data starts coming in. But what the heck, we all have nice slices there. I usually post the end of day pie.

On the chart now, with the last update, I see Sniipe is on the board. LU523 should be joining us today or tomorrow too.

Bob
    Come help cure Cancer, MS, AIDS, Dengue and other diseases.
    Heck, even help grow rice!
    Click here and join the TR WCG team! .....It won't hurt, honest!

Terminator Administrator Archer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 123bob View Post
    FYI, that shot is kind of the default, no data shot. It shows everyone with an even amount until the data starts coming in. But what the heck, we all have nice slices there. I usually post the end of day pie.

On the chart now, with the last update, I see Sniipe is on the board. LU523 should be joining us today or tomorrow too.

Bob
    I want a cry smile :cry:
    People that buy OEM systems think Linux was a Charlie Brown character, a registry is something you see at target to buy shower gifts, RAM is a Dodge truck and a hard drive is DC at rush hour.
    Current Active Fleet:
    Daily Driver - Phenom II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 890GX GFX Bedroom PC - Athlon II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 790GX GFX
    Entertainment Room HTPC & Madia/File Server - Pentium G6950 @ 3.5, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX Living Room HTPC - i5 661 @3.7, 10GB Ram, 6770 GFX
    Entertainment Room Cinema - Brazos E350, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX (Projector) Game Rig - i5 2500K @ 4.5, 12GB Ram, 465GTX + 9800GT (PhysX) using intel SRT

6.6.28 bionic

This is the current WCG download

This is the version if you have a CUDA enabled GFX card and you are not folding or crunching with your GPU while using the CPU for bionic. I have to tried to fold with this version whiole running bionic and it dont play nice.
    http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download.php
    BOINC: compute for science

BOINC is a program that lets you donate your idle computer time to science projects like SETI@home, Climateprediction.net, Rosetta@home, World Community Grid, and many others. After installing BOINC on your computer, you can connect it to as many of these projects as you like.

Download BOINC
    6.6.28 for Windows (6.70 MB) Note: if your computer is equipped with an NVIDIA Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), you may be able to use it to compute faster.

System requirements | Release notes | Help | All versions | Version history

Return to BOINC main page This page is translatable.
    Last modified 3:39 PM UTC, May 02 2009.
    Copyright 2009 University of California. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
    Last edited by Archer; 05-27-2009 at 03:00 PM.
    People that buy OEM systems think Linux was a Charlie Brown character, a registry is something you see at target to buy shower gifts, RAM is a Dodge truck and a hard drive is DC at rush hour.
    Current Active Fleet:
    Daily Driver - Phenom II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 890GX GFX Bedroom PC - Athlon II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 790GX GFX
    Entertainment Room HTPC & Madia/File Server - Pentium G6950 @ 3.5, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX Living Room HTPC - i5 661 @3.7, 10GB Ram, 6770 GFX
    Entertainment Room Cinema - Brazos E350, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX (Projector) Game Rig - i5 2500K @ 4.5, 12GB Ram, 465GTX + 9800GT (PhysX) using intel SRT

I'm using the 64 bit 6.6.28 while folding without trouble here.. What are you seeing?

Got my sammy crunching for TR. I have 4 results pending. So it should not be long before I have some points show up.

BSOD at times message is to do with a conflict. Not a problem though it will be one or the other on this rig until I load up the new OD.
    Last edited by Archer; 05-27-2009 at 08:21 PM.
    Current Active Fleet:

OK tonight's pie. Archer got the coveted "Pink Pie"....Lu523 should have a slice on tomorrow's update, and we have 6 members now.

Any others out there? We have ten slices of daily pie up for grabs....

Am I missing something here?

This shows different totals than the PIE chart below.
    Current Active Fleet:

No, your not missing anything. What is shown on the pie chart stats page are BOINC points. What are shown on the WCG page are WCG points.

Due to an old client that WCG used to use, they take your BOINC points and multiply them by about a factor of 7 in order to get your WCG points. This was done to equalize between the clients when they were running both of them.

So, BOINC POINTS * 7 = WCG points.

Don't worrry, it messes everyone up at first.

Bob

OTAY Panky I feel better now?
    Current Active Fleet:

Tonight's pie.

LU523 has arrived and as he said, let the sammy battle begin. Good luck to you guys!!

Bob

Morning Pie

I feel better now it wont last but at least I made the effort and I will try to stay near this level point wise not pie wise. I could run the shop rigs but then I must cool the building an that just costs too much.

I just got a celery rig in for repairs wonder how it will run??
    Last edited by Archer; 05-29-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Current Active Fleet:

tonight's pie.

LU got the cherry Your sammy must be getting up to speed.

Bob I think we could use some front page attention how about you? Some techREACTION viewers that are/may be interested in distributed computing may never visit the forums.
    Current Active Fleet:

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

extreme wcg cruncher opteron

got pie?
world community grid years pie chart
Click on a term to search for related topics.