WCG - Who's got pie?

This is a discussion on WCG - Who's got pie? within the World Community Grid Team forums, part of the Distributed Computing Teams category; This thread is to report the daily pie chart. This chart shows the top ten contributors to the team production total for the day. Since ...

Register
Register Button
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

WCG - Who's got pie?

This thread is to report the daily pie chart. This chart shows the top ten contributors to the team production total for the day. Since I was alone on this chart, there wasn't much point in reporting it before....

....but now we have a teammate on the board... Jcool has joined us with a machine and put points up on the board. Cheers to Jcool!

Here is where the pic comes from. It's a good stats page for tracking the team. Note that this doesn't show those who created an account on our team at WCG, just those that have work units that made it through running on the BOINC client program, and through the quorum system at WCG. These work units are awarded points.

(@ Wez, do you have BOINC running? If so, what rig are you running BOINC on? You show up on the WCG team page as having joined WCG. I would have expected to see some points for you rolling in here, if you set up BOINC when you posted. Please let us know if we can help out in any way.)

As Jcool's machine builds up steam (which takes a couple of days), his share of pie will get bigger. As others join, they will get slices of pie. Mmmmm....pie..

My goal here is to get pushed off the pie chart entirely. Only the top ten are shown.... If we could get 10 people to run i7 machines, both me and Jcool would get pushed off.

So join up, and push us off the chart. Enjoy the pie while you're at it!!

Regards,
    Bob
    Last edited by Archer; 05-24-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    Come help cure Cancer, MS, AIDS, Dengue and other diseases.
    Heck, even help grow rice!
    Click here and join the TR WCG team! .....It won't hurt, honest!

Allright! Wez got some pie, as well as jcool and I. It can take some time to crunch work units and get them through the quorum. Good crunching.

Here's the evening update pie....

Congrats!

Tonight's pie. Looks like Jcool's machine is powering up. Wez is still cranking away fine. Rumor has it that a power up may be coming from Wez....

My machine (Q6600 @ 3gig) is doing a steady point total since it's been crunching on this team for over a month. I'll see if I can squeeze some more clock out of it. It is a B3 stepping and has been crunching for 2 straight years now...More clock, with the required stability of 24/7/365 crunching may not be possible....

What we really need is for one of you i7 folks out there to join us and get crunching. You could crunch 8 work units at once with your hyperthreading. (BTW, we've found i7 hyperthreading to be very efficient at crunching.) An i7 would shake up the pie chart...Right now I look like a red PAC man..... I'm not used to that.....Momma taught me to share.

Regards,
    Bob

Would it be possible to get a mod or admin to edit the title of this thread to "WCG - Who's got pie?"...? We now have two team efforts in this section. To keep them straight, adding the "WCG" to the title of this thread would help.

Thx,
    Bob

Terminator Administrator Archer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 123bob View Post
    Would it be possible to get a mod or admin to edit the title of this thread to "WCG - Who's got pie?"...? We now have two team efforts in this section. To keep them straight, adding the "WCG" to the title of this thread would help.

Thx,
    Bob
    WCG - Who's got pie? Done
    People that buy OEM systems think Linux was a Charlie Brown character, a registry is something you see at target to buy shower gifts, RAM is a Dodge truck and a hard drive is DC at rush hour.
    Current Active Fleet:
    Daily Driver - Phenom II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 890GX GFX Bedroom PC - Athlon II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 790GX GFX
    Entertainment Room HTPC & Madia/File Server - Pentium G6950 @ 3.5, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX Living Room HTPC - i5 661 @3.7, 10GB Ram, 6770 GFX
    Entertainment Room Cinema - Brazos E350, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX (Projector) Game Rig - i5 2500K @ 4.5, 12GB Ram, 465GTX + 9800GT (PhysX) using intel SRT

Thx Archer.

BTW, you have pie.....You are on the board with this morning's update. I'm waiting for the final for today to catch up with the stats pages here. I'll post up the evening pie after that. Right now it's a rather thin slice of lemon meringue pie, but it will be bigger with the final update....

Wez has obviously powered up some too.

Welcome to the team!

Bob

I want some Pie! Im gonna set up a name for TR tomorrow sometime when I go to get some ram
    2 x 4890 + 955be + GD70 =

This is embarrassing I have 3 more cores that can be put to use this evening as well as 2 ready to be inserted into a new system. I shall not be humiliated.
    People that buy OEM systems think Linux was a Charlie Brown character, a registry is something you see at target to buy shower gifts, RAM is a Dodge truck and a hard drive is DC at rush hour.
    Current Active Fleet:
    Daily Driver - Phenom II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 890GX GFX Bedroom PC - Athlon II X4 @ 3.6, 8GB Ram, 790GX GFX
    Entertainment Room HTPC & Madia/File Server - Pentium G6950 @ 3.5, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX Living Room HTPC - i5 661 @3.7, 10GB Ram, 6770 GFX
    Entertainment Room Cinema - Brazos E350, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX (Projector) Game Rig - i5 2500K @ 4.5, 12GB Ram, 465GTX + 9800GT (PhysX) using intel SRT

Hehe, go Archer go!! This is how it starts. Full blown cruncher syndrome can't be far behind. Pretty soon you be looking at the toaster wondering how many PPD you could get out of crunching it...

@Sniipe, it will be good to have you here! I added the "TR" to the end of my normal name when I made up my TR account. Jcool added "@TR" on his.

OK, drum roll please......Evening pie!

Archer's slice did get bigger, Wez did a power up, jcools machine look like it's coming up to quorum, and now I don't look like a dang red PAC man. Thx guys! Good crunching.

I'm thinking my days of cherry pie are numbered....Come and get it!!

Bob

Cool The Pac Man has a dislocated jaw

And I will have one more cruncher/folder up tonight and another by weeks end I can run Linux on the PS3 and I will see if I can gea a client for that also
    Current Active Fleet:

I joined the team today, PhII 955 crunching as 24/7 as possible, but with all my benching/clocking play it will be down sometimes until I get into the case and finished with my project
    2 x 4890 + 955be + GD70 =

Thx for joining Sniipe! LU523 Will also be joining us soon from XS. Looks like a Sammy battle may be in the air between Jcool's and LU523's Sossamans.

Thx to Jcool for grabbing the cherry pie today. Lime pie is such a nice break.... Everyone looks to be powering up nicely in this shot. We all got a nice healthy slice today.

Keep it up! Tell your friends and anyone else who will listen to join up with us....

Bob

Just finished a zombie loading a temp os for a 24 hour crunch/fold burn in
    Current Active Fleet:

The more the better! We like zombies here....Whatever crunches, we like...

Well I had to take one rig down last night as I need to move it but this makes me happy

Current Active Fleet:

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

extreme wcg cruncher opteron

got pie?
world community grid years pie chart
Click on a term to search for related topics.